Cold weather can do a number on our hair...both the hair growing from our head and the kind we purchase.
Cold temperatures, windy weather, warm weather gear, drying indoor heat, and the dreaded head attire can not only make it difficult to look our best...but also to keep our hair in good fashionista condition.
A little extra tender loving care can help your hair extensions and wigs stay their most fabulous during the winter months:
- Use a non drying nourishing shampoo to wash your hair extensions or wig at least once a week
- To combat the drying effects of indoor heat increase your deep treatments and ALWAYS use high quality hair products to leave your hair extensions and wigs healthy, shiny and tangle free.
- Avoid brushing your hair extensions or wigs which will not only create static but also leave your hair brittle and susceptible to breakage.
- Avoid heat whenever possible or reduce the temperature if you must use heat. It doesn't take much for Miss MyMy straight hair extensions to go straight, so high temperatures are not necessary.
- Your hat gear should be warm, but try to avoid wool, which is drying and will cause your hair to tangle and break. Hats that are lined are perfect.
- Wearing a silk scarf to bed and underneath your hat will not only protect your hair from drying out...but will also help keep your hairstyle firmly in place.
- If you're rocking curly hair extensions dry your hair up in a cotton towel...your curls will love you for it.
- Frequent visits to the salon doesn't hurt either, they're trained to help you.